Croatian govt. comments on rejection of Lisbon treaty in Irish referendum
ZAGREB, June 13 (Hina) - The Croatian government on Friday commented on the rejection of the Treaty of Lisbon in a referendum in Ireland, saying that it is confident the European Union will find a way out of the crisis and that Croatia's EU entry talks are continuing according to plan.
"The Government of the Republic of Croatia is confident that the European Union will find a way out of the situation in which it has found itself, as it did many times in its long history," the government said in a statement.
"For the Republic of Croatia, accession talks are continuing according to plan, with maximum efforts being made to maintain their good pace and quality achieved so far."
The government also expressed the belief that the EU would fulfil its obligation towards Croatia and find the necessary institutional solutions.
"The best contribution the Republic of Croatia can make now is to continue successfully meeting the membership criteria, confident that the EU will fulfil the obligation it has assumed towards Croatia and find the necessary institutional solutions."
"The Government of the Republic of Croatia expresses its readiness for dialogue with all EU member-countries on possible solutions to the new situation. In any event, for Croatia, its future in the EU remains unquestionable," the statement said.